Who doesn´t love a good curry? I think it is one of the most delicious ways to eat your protein, specially chicken. I like curries from different countries,
this time I´ve decided to go with Indian. I can´t make up my mind in whether I prefer butter chicken or tikka masala,they are both sooooo yum!
I´ve chosen tikka masala, its creamy, rich and full of flavor. You just need to have a few spices in your pantry and you are good to go!
You can either make your own tikka masala paste or buy it. In this recipe I am going to keep it easy so am using Sharwoods paste, it is
very similar to the homemade and has no "unnecessary extra ingredients". Accompany it with Naan bread or basmati rice.
Give this a try, it will not disappoint your guests!
chicken tikka masala
- 1kg chicken breasts, skinless, diced
- 350 gr plain yogurt
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp butter + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 400 gr can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes ( add less or more depending on how hot you like it )
- 300 gr thickened cream
- thickened cream
- In a bowl, mix marinade ingredients, film and refrigerate 4 h or overnight.
- In a casserole, heat butter+oil over low-medium heat. Add onion and salt and cook until soft around 20 minutes.
- Add tikka masala paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chilli flakes, cook for 10 minutes. Add cream and cook for 20/30 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, in a frying pan, heat some butter over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on all sides. Add chicken and marinade to the sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve and use coriander and cream to garnish.